by Hilary McKay
Hodder Children’s Books, Great Britain 2007
- You cannot worry about everything.
- … only at night can you truly feel the magnificence of the wild animals all around you.
- … the things you regret most are the ones you didn’t do, not the ones you did.
- … emotional blackmail does make you cross.
- Just when you think a day can’t get any worse it does.
- There truly are no words to describe the moments that followed. Nor do I know how long they lasted. But after they had passed, our astonished numbness thawed into speech.
- … fall in love such a height and so hard and so completely that they never quite recover from the drop.