by Amy Ewing (HarperCollinsPublishers, 2015)
- We all have things we are ashamed of.
- It’s not the outside of these circles that count. They have hidden hearts, all of them.
- If I can do anything to make a single life even a little better, isn’t that worth it?
- Everything in this world has a life inside it. Everything is connected. Human beings, we think we’re so special because we can talk and think, as if having a mouth is the only way to speak, or having a brain is the only way to think.
- … just a pack of idealistic morons, and we’ll live like cockroaches under a rock for the rest of our damned lives.
- Nature is unselfish. It only wishes to survive… Nature is always searching for balance.
- She wants someone to care about her, to like her best. Her own mother refused to stay alive for her. Those sorts of scars don’t heal easily.